Legal Questions and Answers

Get free proposals from vetted lawyers in our marketplace.

No upfront payment required. Pay only if you hire.

Estate Planning

Power of Attorney


Asked on May 20, 2022

I'm trying to have help my step mom get power of attorney for my dad

My dad's finance ( they have been together for 15 years so we kinda her my step mom) is trying get power of attorney of my dad. He's on house arrest and he is fixing go to prison so he wants her to have power of attorney.

1 Attorney answer


Estate Planning


Answered 120 days ago

Igor B.

ContractsCounsel verified

Business Lawyer
Licensed in Georgia
Free Consultation

Hello. In your case, a power of attorney should be: 1. Signed by your father, 2. Notarized, and 3. Attested by a witness who is not named as an agent. Although your father is under house arrest, it is possible to arrange the signing at his house.

Meet some lawyers on our platform

Elbert T.

1 project on CC
View Profile

Sunnita B.

16 projects on CC
View Profile

Christopher M.

12 projects on CC
View Profile

Max M.

105 projects on CC
View Profile