Legal Questions and Answers

Get free proposals from vetted lawyers in our marketplace.

No upfront payment required. Pay only if you hire.




Asked on Feb 10, 2023

State of Texas - questions regarding an online business (Nanny Placement Agency) in the Houston area.

Seeking an attorney for advice as to what I need to start up an online business, specifically a Nanny Placement Agency. Do I need a license in the state of Texas and what do I need to protect myself against possible unforeseen lawsuits. I will be living in the Houston area soon but want to start my online business remotely (Michigan) asap. I have an LLC in Michigan already, I assume I may need one in Texas as well, is this correct?

1 Attorney answer




Answered 36 days ago

Jimmy V.

ContractsCounsel verified

Business Lawyer
Licensed in Texas
Free Consultation

Hello, I can help you with this project. I’m a semi-retired, long-time Texas attorney with substantial experience in business and corporate law. I counsel startups and small businesses, help them set up corporations or LLCs across the country and draft a variety of contracts and corporate documents. You should have an LLC for liability protections, whether it's in Michigan or in Texas. Actually, you would be better off organizing a Texas LLC because your Michigan LLC would have to register in Texas so you would be paying extra fees. There is no licensing requirement for nanny agencies in Texas. If you are interested, I will make you a flat fee bid to set up an LLC for you here in Texas. Thx. JV PS For more information about business entities, download a free copy of my ebook "Should Your Small Business Become a Corporation or an LLC? A Look at Liabilities, State & Federal Taxation & More!" from my website

Meet some lawyers on our platform

Jane C.

114 projects on CC
View Profile

Bryan B.

122 projects on CC
View Profile

Dan "Dragan" I.

3 projects on CC
View Profile

Amber M.

1 project on CC
View Profile