Legal Questions and Answers

Get free proposals from vetted lawyers in our marketplace.

No upfront payment required. Pay only if you hire.




Asked on Jan 25, 2022

How do I get the court to continue extending my 2 year battle of custody of my children who are decendents of a meskwaki tribal member?

I am an enrolled member of the Meskwaki Nation, a federally recognized tribe in Tama Iowa and have been trying to get my children back in my care who have been removed from me 2 years back and still am fighting to get them back. MFS(Meskwaki Family Services) are trying to move forward with permanency or guardianship of my 5 kids and to be placed with their family members. I have done almost everything they required expect drop random ua's due to my busy schedule. The allegations were I was living out of my car with my kids and was under the influence of methamphetamine which are inaccurate but I have no proof to uphold my argument in court.

1 Attorney answer




Answered 230 days ago

Melissa L.

ContractsCounsel verified

Business Lawyer
Licensed in Iowa
Free Consultation

The first question is there a child in need of assistance case open? Also, you need to be sure to drop the random ua's since that will help your position with MSF. Are you having visits with your children?

Meet some lawyers on our platform

Gregory B.

52 projects on CC
View Profile

Justin K.

1 project on CC
View Profile

Elbert T.

1 project on CC
View Profile

Orin K.

4 projects on CC
View Profile