Richard G.

Member Since: April 21, 2021

Richard G. is now available for hire

Summary info

Hourly Rate
State License
Years Practicing
Client Feedback
Legal Answers
Project Preferences

Client Feedback

1 Feedback Item Collected

Please sign in or create a free account to view detailed lawyer feedback
5 Questions Answered / 4 Recent Answers
July 12, 2022
A: Without complications, attorneys fees relative to drafting a deed granting the property from one owner to another will cost roughly $500 - $750 in Massachusetts. Usually, these matters are relatively uncomplicated, however, at times they can be more complex. The attorney should take some time with you to understand the details of your situation so as to ensure that the deed is drafted according to your needs.
February 8, 2022
A: The answer to this questions to some degree depends upon your tolerance for risk. If in performing your "business" you are not exposing yourself in any way to the outside world, e.g., hiring, selling, inviting investors, etc., then you may no little to no liability exposure. However, if there is any aspect of your work that would or could develop into something which does involve others, or which is relied upon by others, then the safest path would be to incorporate or form an LLC. LLC's are more expensive to maintain in Massachusetts, i.e., $500 annually, but require less paperwork (no shares to consider, etc.). An LLC should have an operating agreement, even with a single member to clearly distinguish the member as an individual from the LLC as a company. Incorporation is more expensive in the early stages as it requires you to pay your fee to the Secretary of State (about $275), which recurs annually. It is more heavy in terms of annual meeting minutes of shareholders, and other formal documents, and can be a bit more expensive as incorporating will require a shareholder's agreement and other documentation at the outset (not repeated annually).
January 4, 2022
A: What you have described appears to act as a liquidated damages clause. Typically liquidated damage clauses are unenforceable, or not enforced by courts in Massachusetts. However, there may be other methods that can be used to pursue this vendor. For example, a demand letter is one method of putting pressure on a vendor, and such a letter can be followed up with a suit if the matters in the letter are not addressed within 30 days.
January 4, 2022
A: You are in a difficult position, as I'm sure you are aware. The problem here is that once a person cosigns for another person, that person is obligated to pay the debt. While there may be defenses available, such as duress or coercion, these would be extremely difficult to prove and highly unlikely to succeed. As to your statement that you "believe documents were submitted on my behalf without my approval." If you are alleging fraud, in other words, that you did not really sign or authorize your signature on a document that was necessary to create your valid signature on the mortgage, then perhaps you have a case.