A lawyer for house closing assists in the closing transactions prepares deeds, helps pay outstanding bills, and transfers the house title to the buyer. All such professionals are licensed and retained to handle the final transactions during a house closing process.
What Does a Lawyer for House Closing Do?
A lawyer for house closing assists clients in buying a house or refinancing any existing mortgage. The professional further performs the following primary functions.
A title examination reveals the details of a property owner and all other related records. A lawyer for house closing helps with the following tasks.
- Helps the buyer and the seller clear the title for the particular property.
- Checks the title of the house sold to the buyer and identifies existing mortgages against it to help close the deal efficiently.
Title insurance helps protect the seller and the buyer if any problem is found in the house's title. The ownership of a property is not enforceable by law until the title insurance is entitled to a person.
The lawyer for house closing performs the following tasks.
- Investigates the title offered to the buyer once the title examination is completed
- Help secure insurance for the buyer who proceeds to buy the house, thereby fairly closing the transaction.
The lawyer helps create efficient lines of communication between the parties involved in a house closing process. He communicates with buyers, sellers, lenders, and all other people associated with the transactions for the house.
The lawyer coordinates with surveyors, real estate brokers, merchants, insurance owners, and homeowner associations to smoothly ensure the housing closing process.
The lawyer is present on the day of the house closing to review various documents associated with the purchase, transactions, loan closing, and other processes. The professional can also explain the documents, such as disbursements, deeds, and settlement statements, to both parties during the closing process.
Record and Disbursement
The lawyer for house closing is responsible for closing on transactions and interacting with both parties to collect records related to the deal, after reviewing and executing all necessary documents, the lawyer checks with the local registry to update titles, deed records, and all transactions.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for House Closing?
There are many benefits to bringing in a lawyer for house closing processes. Here is a breakdown of the advantages of hiring the professionals
A lawyer for house closing is well-versed in negotiations and can ensure a fair deal or transaction between two parties. The lawyer is also well-versed in helping the clients get the required deal.
Draft and Review Contracts
The House closing process requires a lot of legal paperwork related to selling or purchasing a particular property. That is why a lawyer helps draft and review such documents to avoid misleading statements in the agreements between parties.
Review Home Inspection Documents or Disclosures
Individuals must deal with due diligence with every single house purchase. However, not everyone is careful during such deeds, transactions, or negotiations. A lawyer for house closing helps with mandatory disclosures and home inspections before the deal is signed.
Closing a house deal is multi-step and may involve multiple legal processes. The lawyers help resolve all last-minute disputes and negotiations during the process. The professionals can also prepare the closing documents on a client's behalf that help account for all financial transactions during the deal.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with House Closing?
A house closing process involves fulfilling multiple requirements, such as establishing title examination, title insurance, contract drafting, and other document reviews. The buyer or the seller may not be aware of the steps involved in the process, including the legal complications associated with it. Hence, it is necessary to approach a lawyer who can assist both parties until the transaction is finalized.
What Is the Fee of a Lawyer for House Closing?
A lawyer's fees for house closing may vary from one place to another in the United States. However, most of them charge a fee between $1,000 - $2,000 depending on the client's preferences and the complexity of transactions. A few other professionals charge a flat fee, while others charge an hourly rate between $100 - $300.
Key Terms Related to a Lawyer for House Closing
House closing laws, rules, and regulations are complex, and so are the associated terms. However, the concerned parties should understand these terms to help them assist their lawyers during legal procedures.
- Abstract of Title: It is a summary of the ownership of a particular property that shows the original grant and conveyances.
- Abuttal: The boundaries of a particular plot against other property.
- Accession: refers to adding a particular piece of land or property by improvement or natural increase.
- Administration: The disposal or conduct of an estate belonging to a deceased person.
- Betterment: An improvement on a particular property that helps enhance its value in the market.
- Deforce: It is an act of withholding property wrongfully through illegal means.
- Entail: A restriction enforced on a particular piece of land or property.
- Entry: An act of entering another individual's land to assert a right to possession.
- Estate: Possessions or property belonging to a particular person and their respective family members.
- Fixture: It is an article attached to a particular piece of land.
- Heir: An individual with the right to succeed in a certain property.
- Heirdom: Succession to the property by inheritance or right of blood.
- Intrusion: Unlawful entry into land or property by a stranger.
- A Mortgage: is a transaction between two parties – a buyer and a seller.
- Oust: It is the act of depriving a person of the possession of the property.
A house closing process involves multiple steps, including financial transactions and agreements. However, buyers and sellers may not know the legal laws or related complications. That is why it is advisable to approach a lawyer for house closing to ensure a smooth and unbiased process.
If you are searching for a lawyer to complete your house closing process, Contracts Counsel is your answer. Visit all your requirements for a project and post it on the official website.