Legal Questions and Answers

Get free proposals from vetted lawyers in our marketplace.

No upfront payment required. Pay only if you hire.



New Jersey

Asked on Oct 22, 2021

(aspiring pilot) Should I seek help regarding my personal statement for the FAA regarding past incidents involving alcohol?

The FAA wants court and police records of my incidents as well as a personal statement, in order to obtain my first class medical to start flight school. In college, I was charged with underage consumption which was dismissed and then a DWAI which was also dismissed. My BAC of the DWAI was .025 but I was 20 years old at the time. I don't want to put myself into a hole on the personal statement. Both these incidents happened in Colorado.

1 Attorney answer



New Jersey

Answered 326 days ago

John P.

ContractsCounsel verified

Business Lawyer
Licensed in Washington
Free Consultation

Honesty and proactive admission of potential errors is a major concern in aviation. Did you know that anyone involved in an actual or potential incident should file a report to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) using a program called the Aviation Safety Reporting Program (ASRP)? In this safe-harbor, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is prohibited from using these "NASA Reports" for enforcement purposes. While it is natural to ignore mistakes, a safe pilot is an honest pilot. Hidden problems end careers and take lives.

Meet some lawyers on our platform

Max M.

104 projects on CC
View Profile

Christopher M.

9 projects on CC
View Profile

Bruce B.

19 projects on CC
View Profile

George L.

1 project on CC
View Profile